Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Song: Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
To never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.






So I was the one with all the glory,
But you were the one with all the strength,
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
For you are the wind beneath my wings.






It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
But I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, cause I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
For you are the wind beneath my wings.






Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
So high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

------------------xx---------------
Can you think of someone like that in your life? Someone who is always there for you, supporting you..be a shoulder to cry on...someone who usually stay out of the limelight, but you know is always there...someone who never asks for something in return...


This song was the soundtrack of the film "Beaches". It's about two girls from very different backgounds, one from a rich and glamourous family and another from a middle-class, entertainer family, who met on a beach and became best friends. One grew up to be a lawyer, and another to be a singer.. They both envied what the other had, the singer envied her friend because she's pretty while the lawyer envied her friend because she's famous... but still they remained friends who supported each other.. The lawyer, who had a daughter, had been diagnosed with cancer and before she passed away, she asked her friend to take care of her daughter, which her friend agreed...and this is the song that the singer dedicated to her lawyer friend...


No comments:

Post a Comment