Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nasyeed: Ya Ilahi - Muhammad Husayn

In the night, among the nights

I don’t know what happened to me

A darkness invaded me, O Lord,

The earth and the sky shrunk

And my heart didn’t see the light

And the tears started to fall, O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God


I sinned and the regret is big

And I am in my sadness sorry

I can’t support this regret, O Lord

So do I, a criminal (in terms of sin), O Lord, deserve forgiveness

I can’t support this bitter regret, O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God

You’re the one who created me

Gave me mercy and enriched me

Always, O Lord, You were with me

But I neglected You

And I forgot what You have

And I followed my road, O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God


And today My Lord I am returning

From a darkness that is behind barriers

The heart is broken and the path is hard

And I, the drowned, I only see You

To rescue me, no rescuer,

No rescuer, except You

O My God

O My God

O My God

O My God

-------xx--------
This is a translation of a nasyeed which is actually a prayer asking Allah's forgiveness...the rhythm is from the song "Hallelujah", in Hebrew meaning "to praise (ye) Lord"...

No comments:

Post a Comment